23.1.20

Quality Miles Wednesday: Hill Day

Plan: 2 miles warm up, 8x 1:00 up the hill hard, rest is back down the hill, 2 miles cool down
Actual Mileage: 5.57 miles
Route: I was out on the Rum River trail which was in decent shape when I started.  The salt truck came by about 20 minutes into the run, so the trail was even better on the way back.
Weather: 35* and cloudy.  Winds were out of the south (so strong on the way out, not as bad on the way back)
 Wardrobe: It's that time of year right?
Feet: Wool compression socks and Altras.  I kind of love the Lone Peaks better than these shoes.  A lot better. They are warmer.
Legs: Brooks running pants.
Top: Long sleeve shirt and grey sweatshirt.
Other: Buff on my head.
 High Points of the workout: I mean, I started it and I survived it.
Struggles of the workout: I was just feeling lousy all day. I'd actually woken up early to run in the morning and I was so tired and blah that I just went back to bed and did this in the afternoon. Blah I tell you!
From the high points, I learned: Get it done anyway?
From the struggles, I learned: The hardest part is getting started.
Next steps: I really focused on cadence on this one, more than pace. I have no idea how I did because I haven't looked yet.
 Bonus:Would you like to see what this place looks like without the snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment