18.1.20

Productivity Saturday

So, we had a blizzard.  Or a blizzard-like snow storm. I worked out very early on Friday, saw patients super early, then grocery shopped, and then hunkered down for the evening. 

Today is Saturday.  I decided I wanted today to feel useful rather than sloth-like so I made myself a fairly ambitious to-do list.  I did not hit everything on the list. But I did better than I expected.

Make banana bread: I made these muffins instead of a loaf of bread.  I used coconut flour instead of almond flour. I don't think that should've been a 1:1 substitution.  Doesn't matter.  They are soft and fluffy and all that is good in life.

Change furnace filter: Ok; I can't remember if I did this in January and now I think I did. So I'm skipping that one.

Cut up grapefruit: When I get grapefruit, I like to cut it up like this.  I had a couple of the most beautiful yellow grapefruits in life that needed that treatment today.

Shovel and salt the front and back: We do have a snow removal service.  I like to shovel all the sidewalks and my garage pad after they come by, like a clean up pass.  I tried to shovel this morning and the gale force winds were just making that job pointless.  At 8pm tonight though, the wind had died down.  I did not put down salt because it's too cold.

Cook potatoes: I had sweet potatoes and regular potatoes.  I do a mass baking usually.  I then put them in the freezer in small containers and pull them out one at a time, usually to be finished in bacon grease and eaten with eggs.

Cook chicken/broth: OMG, this chicken just fell off the bone. I love my instant pot.

Cook yogurt: No, I can't make the timing work.  The instant pot is clean though.

Clean the kitchen: I am surprised to report that got done, including wiping off counters but not the floor (because I'll do that when I do the floors tomorrow).  I also took out the compost, which is what gave me the energy to clean up shovel at 8pm at night.

Vacuum up and downstairs: did not happen.  I'm moving that to tomorrow.

Put stuff from Costco away: I had one bulk item that I needed to just, you know, put away.  It's hard sometimes.  That was actually the first thing that happened today.

Clean all three bathrooms: Happened right after exercising, so I could exercise, clean, and then peel off those clothes ans shower.  I feel like I need a cleaning checklist in Excel, so I can track how often I really do these tasks.

Exercise (meaning run 1 miles, abs, leg exercises, and BTC leg drills).  This happened early, but not early enough because the winds were howling by the time I got out.

Listen to an audio book: Currently listening to Mindfulness in Plain English.  If I had to summarize I'd say "try to meditate, don't panic if you screw it up. That's part of the process."

Watch a movie: (This is a thing that needs to happen around Oscars).  I finished off Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.  I love Mister Rodgers.  I also kind of love Matthew Rhys.

Make a finance spread sheet: I feel like the first year I made a spread sheet to track running. I've got it made.  I'm just going to use it to track what I spend for now.  We'll see what else I want to use it for as I go.

Make a better kakeibo worksheet for next week: It's another part of the process.  We'll see if I keep both pieces.  I'm liking actually writing stuff down though.  I think it's kind of important.

Send 2 people birthday cards: Done.  I use Ink app for this, so I did not have to leave my house.

Not on my list but also got done: Scheduled my next vacation.  (Wahoo!)

Unload dishwasher: Yes, twice actually, and the third load of dishes is in there ready to go.  I'll turn it on when I head up to bed if I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment