5.1.20

Long Run Saturday

Plan:
2 miles warm up/easy
1 mile at 'goal race pace' and that was changed by my coach to 10:40/mile
1/2 mile easy
1 mile at 'goal race pace' and that was changed by my coach to 10:40/mile
1/2 mile easy
1 mile run/cool down
Actual Mileage: 1st hard mile was around a 10:30/mile.  2nd hard mile was around a 10:27/mile.  I had issues lapping my watch.
 Route: Inside on the track.  A 10:00 mile is easy to pace on this track.  1/4 lap needs to be done in 25 seconds, 1 lap needs to be done in 100 seconds.  The 1/4 laps are really easy to time because of where the clocks are.
Struggles of the workout: Before the 'hard' part, I was nervous for myself and kind of bargaining.  "try it on the track, you can always go to the treadmill" I finally found a thought that worked for me.
High Points of the workout: I ultimately told myself, there's 12 laps of work and to see how many of those 12 laps I could get right.  I was usually on time or 1 second slow when I was paying attention to 1/4 lap time.
From the high points, I learned: It was good for me to 'feel' this effort.  It wasn't as crazy hard as I thought, though it was work. It's also showing me I need to improve to hit the race pace I want.
From the struggles, I learned: 'Bring a good attitude' is everything.
Next steps: Work on speed? Keep bringing a good attitude. 
Bonus: I did abs after the workout, then changed shoes and walked 3 miles with Dungeon Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment