19.1.20

Get in Gear - 15 Weeks to Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: Abs workout from this YouTube video.  That's deceptively hard.
1.18 miles.  It was supposedly 19* but the wind felt might crisp.
Finished with the drills at the beginning of this video.  (Not the whole video, just the first 17:00 or so. 
From today, I learned: I knew the abs would be harder than the video made it seem, but those walking drills were a surprisingly good workout as well. And I see why they do them after the workout and not before.

Monday planned: Quality workout
Monday actual: I am delighted to report this workout was done.  Outside. I didn't totally hit the targets, but on lousy footing I was close, so I'm cool with it.
Bonus abs done - the Eliud Kipchoge version again.
From today, I learned: A positive attitude helped, focusing on effort vs pace helped, and in the future I can think about cadence.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles; Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: 1.2 miles, very slow, snowy run.
Bowerman track drills from the video I linked above. Tuesday weights.
From today, I learned: I learned what time they plow the paths around the school.  I should've gone to the elementary school instead of the junior high because they clearly did that one first!

Wednesday planned: Run 4 miles easy
Wednesday actual: 6 miles easy, outside, listening to an audio book.  Bonus abs.
From today, I learned: I really focused on cadence today, and my book, and staying warm.  Also, planks are getting easier so that's nice.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles; Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.15 miles on the treadmill.  Thursday weights.  Bonus Bowerman walking drills, or whatever those are.
From today, I learned: I need a better weight program for Thursday.

Friday planned: Run 3 miles easy
Friday actual: 4.75 miles on the treadmill with 4x4:00 at 10:20 per mile.  This was supposed to be done on Saturday, and longer, but weather.
From today, I learned: This was a good workout.

Saturday planned: Long run with 4x4:00 at goal race pace
Saturday actual: 1.2 miles in the snow and wind.  Bonus leg day, BTC Leg workout, and Eliud Kipchoge Abs.  Because I am stuck inside all day.
From today, I learned: Running in the snow was hard but the wind was brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment