6.1.20

Get in Gear - 18 Weeks and 17 Weeks To Go

Apparently I do not blog on vacation.

Sunday Planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: 3.3 miles into Ault Park, 1.5 miles with Dad.
From today, I learned: I slapped a Garmin on Dad today.  His heart rate is really low when he runs.

Monday Planned: Quality workout
Monday actual: 1.7 miles, some of it with Dad
From today, I learned: Vacation apparently has no quality running.  Sigh.

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday weights.
Tuesday actual: 2.02 miles, back and forth by Mom and Dad's.  No weights.
From today, I learned: I actually didn't mind the back and forth.

Wednesday Planned: Run 4 miles
Wednesday actual: 3 miles, back and forth by Mom and Dad's. 
From today, I learned: At first I was all "I do my mile" and then it was like "well, I can do two" and then I kept going.

Thursday Planned: Run 1 miles.  Thursday weights.
Thursday actual: 1.45 miles with Dad. 3.29 miles in Ault Park on my own.
From today, I learned: Starting the run is always the hardest part!

Friday Planned: Run 3 miles
Friday actual: 4.66 miles on the roads.
From today, I learned: It became important that I had apple pay on my phone on this run.

Saturday Planned: 5 miles with 1 mile at goal race pace.
Saturday actual: 6 miles with no miles at goal race pace.
From today, I learned: I started that mile too fast, it was not fun.  Running that fast was not fun at all, so I slowed down but still pushed and did have fun.

Sunday Planned: Run 1 miles.
Sunday actual: 3+ miles (hard to say exactly because my watch got a little lost) by Mom and Dad's.
From today, I learned: I told coach I learned from last year when the weather is warm and the footing is good I run  Even if there's nothing on the schedule.

Monday Planned: 3 Miles easy.
Monday actual: 1.18 miles, in the snow.
From today, I learned: See why I ran yesterday?

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: 1.18 miles outside in the snow.  Tuesday weights were skipped due to I had to tear my house apart looking for something I lost in plain sight, and when I found it the gym was closed for NYE.  I did abs and leg exercises at home.
From today, I learned: I was surprised that the snow people didn't plow my neighbor's sidewalks too.  I thought there was enough snow that they should've done that.

Wednesday Planned: Quality workout
Wednesday actual: 54321 workout completed.  My five minutes set is getting faster and faster.
Bonus spin class to start off the new year, per tradition.  Abs done.
From today, I learned: Have a positive attitude.  Always helps with the treadmill.

Thursday Planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.3 miles outside.  Because I just couldn't with the treadmill.  Tuesday weights on a Thursday.  Bonus abs.
From today, I learned: I really dialed back on the weights today. I haven't lifted in a while.

Friday Planned: Run 4 miles
Friday actual: 4.07 miles early in the morning.  I was surprised I woke up in time to do this.  Bonus abs.
From today, I learned: The trails are not great.  A bit of ice.  I focused on cadence and had a good time.

Saturday Planned: 7 miles long run with 2-3 at race pace.
Saturday actual: 6 miles long run with two at not quite goal pace, but I'm proud of the effort.  Bonus abs.  Bonus walk with Dungeon Master.  I had six tacos when I was done with this workout, then I took a three hour nap.
From today, I learned:  I was nervous for this workout (what else is new?).  I finally told myself, "It's 12 laps of work, see how many you can do at the right pace" and that was the 'positive attitude' that got me through the workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment