30.1.19

Quality Miles Monday: 5x4:00 tempo

Plan: Warm up; 4:00 tempo with 2:00 rest times five; cool down
Actual Mileage: 4.65 miles
Route: Out and back on the Lunken Airport trail
Weather: Significantly warmer than it was in Minnesota.  32*, cloudy, not much wind.
Wardrobe: Running sweat pants, blue jacket, buff on my head, and gloves.
Execution: The fail of today was actually how I programmed my watch.  The workout itself went really well.  I did not expect to be on the 'fast' side of the target pace for this one.   My paces were around 10:30-10:45
Nutrition: I had coffee afterwards. Does that count?
From today, I learned: The garmin would tell me I was going too slow, so I'd speed up, but then I was going way too fast.  Pacing is much easier on the tread mill.
Bonus: The weather is much better than Minnesota.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment