14.8.20

COVID Diaires - Aug 11 to 14

Tuesday Aug 11
Running: I ran one mile-ish.  Because I have a race tomorrow.
Work: I had two in person visits today.  That doubles the number of in person visits I've done since March 17, which we're calling the "drop dead" date in Minnesota.  Though perhaps I should find another word for it?.  It was a busy day but nice.  It felt quite productive.
After work: Straight up do not remember.  It's Friday y'all. 

Wednesday Aug 12
Running: Olive was going to help me run the TC 1 Mile Race. We got cursed out by a runner on the trail.  Olive and I had significantly disparate reactions.  I looked at crazy runner like she was in fact, crazy. That seemed to upset her more.  I'd like to tell you that made me sad for her but it really made me feel powerful. Sigh. Now you know what kind of person I really am.
Despite that, it was actually a very sweet morning and I continue to be grateful for my weekly Olive bike/run sessions.
Work: Apparently this is when COVID Fatigue hit and I sent off a couple strongly worded emails that didn't really need to be sent, but not strongly worded enough to get me fired. I still love my job y'all.
After work: I did the Zumba.  It made my day. 

Thursday Aug 13
Running: I hit up a kind of longer run today, 5 miles on my loop route. I ran some, walked some, listened to my book.
Work: I worked less because I am "over productive" for this pay period.  Which really meant I didn't do anything that counts for "points" and learned about Microsoft teams which was also probably a good use of my time.
After work: I played on my computer, drawing and stuff.  Maybe I need a new device? 

Friday Aug 14
Running: I hit up 3 miles today.  It was one of those runs that started out as a 1 mile running goal, and got longer and longer.  Which, let's be real, is a good thing.
Work: Again, I was "over productive" which means I played around a crazy amount on Teams.  I taught another colleague how to send me GIFs. And I do continue to enjoy my job/work.
After work: We had a tornado warning.  Sirens.  Everything.  It actually went through very quickly.  I got to gauge several people's reactions.  My neighbor called to make sure I was okay.  (Seriously, I hit the neighbor Jackpot.)  After the storm, I checked the things.  I moved one gutter/drain that got blown by the wind.  Even the garbage cans were okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment