23.8.20

Loony Challenge Training: Week 1

A couple notes here:
There's no "race weekend" this year, and so no "this many weeks until race day" posts.
I'm thinking to do the 10K the first or second week in October, and the 10 mile run the week after that.
The 5K will be done with Olive at her chosen route and pace.
This is a different kind of training plan than I've ever done before.  Much more focus on activities besides running, with the goal of staying balanced, active, and strong.


Sunday:
Planned: Run 1 mile; walk or bike
Actual:1.85 miles running.  1.81 miles walking. 7.13 miles on the bike along the parkway.  The walk and the bike ride were mostly a tour of all the trees that came down in the tornado last Friday.

Monday:
Planned: Run 1 mile; weights; Zumba or walk
Actual: Weights: 40 mins youtube video before work. Run 2.33 miles, mostly at MAF, nice low heart rate. Walk 1.77 miles after work. I thought about Zumba but then Captain Smiley cooked me a steak. So, priorities.

Tuesday:
Planned: Run 3-5 miles
Actual: 4.2 miles run, partially along the river.  This was a really solid run.  I was able to keep my heart rate nice and low, which hasn't happened in a while.

Wednesday:
Planned: Long run; Zumba
Actual: 6.01 miles running with Olive along the Rush Creek Trail. 0.6 miles walking cool down and checking out the Coon Rapids Dam.  Long runs with Olive continue to be a highlight of my week.
I did not do Zumba because 7pm is hard sometimes and I was already at 15,000 steps for the evening.

Thursday:
Planned: Run 1 mile; weights; bike ride
Actual:  I ran 1.7 miles and that is all.  I thought about weights or riding my bike, and then, did not.  I'm okay with it.  I'm tired from an earlier than normal meeting and yesterday's long run.

Friday:
Planned: Run 3 to 5 miles; walk to start the weekend?
Actual: Ran 2.71 miles; I was not feeling it so I walked 0.75 miles to get home and I was okay with that.  It was just so hot out.

Saturday:
Planned: Run 3 to 5 miles; Zumba
Actual: 5 miles run is completed.  I zumba'd for about 10 minutes.  It was hot on this run and I am pooped.

From the first week I learned I don't always love biking as much as I think I will.  Usually I'd rather just go on a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment