8.8.20

COVID Diarires - August 6,7, and 8

Thursday I worked during the day and ran in the evening.  It's kind of a blur.  Well, everything's a blur today.

Friday I thought I'd hit up a mile mile run before work, which turned into 3.5 miles.  Work was fine but busy.  No wildness like last weeks Full Moon Friday so that was a plus. The humidity was around 10,000% so I did not walk after work.

Saturday, I woke up around 10am.    It's fine; it's the weekend.  I went out and did make it five miles on my "run" (run/walk).  And then I came back and napped half the day.  I want to be clear: I haven't seen the sunshine in several days and it's confusing me at this point. (Thus, I am sleepy and all is a blur.)

COVID 19 updates:
I have two in person visits scheduled on Tuesday. The total number of in person visits I've done since lock down: also two.  So, maybe we'll double that next week?
The national coin shortage continues to be a thing.  I predict this is one of those things some people will forget pretty quickly and others will remember vividly.  I do not require quarters to do my laundry, but I remember the days of shared machines and I can only imagine.
Shopping: I am now bagging all of the things myself.  Hy Vee has made all aisles self check out.  (Or I don't know if it's really all of them, but the ones I saw were self check out.  I'm sure they've got a worker or two somewhere bagging groceries for people who need help.) I went to the liquor store next door; same deal.  It's fine, but certainly a new experience.
The park board is allowing homeless encampments in some places.  None of them are in North Minneapolis.  That is not a judgement statement one way or another; just an observation.
I personally continue to find surprising new hobbies.  Right now I've started to grow a lemon tree, two potato plants, and I'm working on a grapefruit tree and onions.  I installed additional lighting onto my plant shelves, so I can now have two layers of plants.  So much fun. To be clear, my potential lemon tree is like 1cm tall so let's not get too excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment