19.12.19

Quality Miles Wednesday: on the treadmill

Plan:  54321 workout  
Actual Mileage:
1 mile walking, total. 3 miles of running.
Dynamic stretches and 10 mins of walking on the treadmill.
Running: 10 mins “warm up” running at 4.1-4.3 mph
5 mins 5.8mph 2mins 4.2mph
4 mins 6.0 mph 2mins 4.2mph
3 mins 6.1 mph 2mins 4.2mph
2 mins 6.2 mph 2mins 4.2mph
1 mins 6.3 mph
Cool down from 4.4 - 4.1mph
10 mins of walking cool down.
Route: Treadmill
Weather: Freezing too cold outside
High Points of the workout: I “settled in” to the longer intervals. Where they felt hard, but like I had a good rhythm. I could’ve kept going at those speeds, though I was fine with the rests.
Struggles of the workout: Getting out of bed and getting the workout started?
From the high points, I learned: Focus on form a rhythm. Nice confidence builder.
From the struggles, I learned: Don’t think about the workouts ahead of time? Maybe I should do this for race day too?
Next steps: I’ve finally given this workout the respect it deserves. Even though it looks like “oh, it’s only a few minutes, I can do that” it’s a hard workout. I think being purposeful about the warm up, and including walking before the running really helped me. Even though I was ready to start the ‘work’ and get it over with, I’m glad I took my time and built up to it. I felt really solid when I got moving.
Bonus: I'm sitting on my couch having tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment