8.12.19

Get in Gear 10K - 21 Weeks to Go

Since I failed so hard at actually racing a 10K in 2019, I decided to make my first goal race for 2020 the Get in Gear 10K.  This has the ulterior motive of preventing me from training crazy distances in the winter weather like last year.  Since I've been doing basically nothing, this will be a long build up.

Sunday planned: Run 1 mile
Sunday actual: 1.2 miles in the snow.  First yak trax run of the year.
From today, I learned: This was mostly about observing plowing patterns in the new neighborhood.  Park board did good.  Other things were more hit and miss and I was glad for the yak trax.

Monday planned: Run 3 miles
Monday actual: 3.66 miles in the snow. Bonus leg day
From today, I learned: I may need to head inside for a bit.  The paths weren't unbearable, but probably worth trying to find a treadmill for a minute.  Leg day wore me out.  I'm out of shape.  Sigh.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 mile; Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: No weights.  Because being a good friend is always more important.  Run 1.2 miles in the snow in yak trax.
From today, I learned: I actually told Captain Smiley "if I'm not back in 30 minutes, I've fallen on my ass, come find me"

Wednesday planned: Run 3 miles
Wednesday actual: 3 miles on the treadmill.  At the crack of dawn, but I was listening to a new book and loving it.
From today, I learned: I need to plan my mornings better.  I was a bit rushed to get to the right place at the right time after my run.

Thursday planned: Run 1 mile, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.2 miles on the treadmill.  Tuesday weights on Thursday.  Just go with it.  Bonus abs.
From today, I learned: I was sacked out at the end of this.  I was so tired from work and working out when I got home...

Friday planned: Run 3 miles
Friday actual: 4.28 miles around the marsh while I was finishing 'The Giver of Stars'
From today, I learned: Like, no, I will not stop running until this book is done.  Also, I wore my vest again, because I was cold before I even left the house.  That vest is the best thing ever.

Saturday planned: Run 4 miles
Saturday actual: 3 miles, plus half mile cool down walk.  Leg exercises.
From today, I learned: I got a new watch and this thing is going to have a bit of a learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment