30.12.19

Long Run Saturday

Plan: About six miles, just run and have fun
Actual Mileage:  6.07 miles
Route: Along the Rush Creek trail.
Weather: Started off around 20*, got a bit warmer as I was out there.  Humid and very little wind.
Wardrobe: Sweat pants, sweat shirt, buff as a hat, gloves, wool socks
High Points of the workout: That fifth mile was pretty fast!
Struggles of the workout: Footing in the ice/snow crust.
From the high points, I learned: This was fun to just push a little bit, not caring about pace but not wanting to go to slow either
From the struggles, I learned: Focus on form.  And safety.  Focus on safety too!
Next steps: I owe myself an easy 3 miles, hopefully to happen tomorrow.
Bonus:  Strava says I set several PRs on segments on this run, so that's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment