31.12.19

2019: Year of Running

To review the year's races:
Valentines Day 5K: Did not run due to ice on roads and it's too damn cold.
Flying Pig:Yes!
Women Run the Cities: Did not cheer and my friend did not run due to hypothermia concerns.
Red White and Boom: Volunteer duties complete, and I enjoyed myself.
Cosmic 5K: Cancelled due to lightning/weather
TC 10K: Cancelled due to weather
TC Marathon: Cheered around mile 3.

Best race experience: Flying Pig Marathon because that was literally a bucket list race for me and several people went out of their way to make it a special weekend for me. 

Best run: Any time I was running a mile with my dad. Made my life the first time that happened!

Best new piece of running gear: I'm loving my new Vivoactive 3 watch that I got on black Friday special. It's smaller and has more features than my old watch.

Best running advice I received this year: Keep going outside and using the space.

Most inspirational runner: I've been loving all the stuff Gwen Jorgenson has put on social media about her training.  Honorable mentions to Eliud Kipchoge and Mary Cain.  It's also been amazing to watch Hungry Runner Girl marathon training journey this year and I appreciate her openness about the highs and the lows.

Favorite picture from a run or race this year: I mean...

Race experience I would repeat in a heartbeat: I loved cheering on TCM Sunday. Just, like, "I am done, let me celebrate someone else".  I don't know if I'll do this a ton, because I also love running the 10 mile and then cheering for the marathon runners.  Choices.

If I could sum up the year in a couple of words, they would be: Keep going outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment