7.10.19

TCM: Cheer Report

One of my 2019 goals was to cheer for the marathon runners, from the first wheeler to the last runner. So, instead of a race report, this is a cheer report.


Start time: Marathon wheelers start at 7:55am, runners start at 8am. The first wheeler came by around 8:05am, and the runners around 8:15 or 8:20am.

Weather: The runners today had glorious weather.  It started around 50*, and got a bit warmer as time went on.
Wardrobe:
Tops: Long johns, t-shirt, wool sweater, sweat shirt
Bottoms: Long johns, sweat pants, wool socks
Other: Xero boots
Wish I had: I hat and gloves.  Yes for 50*. 
Transportation: Dungeon Master drove us.  We took Van White over to south Mpls.
Route Location: We were around mile 3.5, just before the course turns onto Lake of the Isles.  Dungeon Master and I had a bonus location after mile 18 with Olive for a bit.  Because I told her things would feel different at mile 18.
Plan/Goals: Cheer from the first to the last person!
Execution: Mission completed.  I made signs and everything.
Nutrition: This watch party is legit.  We had Isles Bun & Coffee 'puppy dog tails' which means 'cinnamon twists'. So I got my donuts while watching the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment