6.10.19

TC 10K - Race Week

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: 1.18 miles.
From today, I learned: Don't trust weather channel.  It totally rained.

Monday planned: 4 miles easy
Monday actual: 4.52 miles in the 85* heat with about 90% humidity.  I wish I were joking.
From today, I learned: I got to check out a new trail.  I was on the Western Portion of the Luce Line Trail for a couple miles of out and back.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles.  No weights!
Tuesday actual: 1.19 miles in the morning before work.
From today, I learned: This was a day the run just needed to happen first thing.

Wednesday planned: 3 miles easy
Wednesday actual: 3.29 miles in the morning
From today, I learned: It's cold.  What am I going to wear on race day if it's like this?

Thursday planned: 3 miles easy.  No weights!
Thursday actual: 1.19 miles in the morning before a super long day of work.
From today, I learned: I passed a lady walking her dog who had the same safety vest as me, and then I saw her again so we must use opposite routes.

Friday planned: Run 1 miles
Friday actual: 1.2 miles in the afternoon after picking up my bib and gear. 
From today, I learned: Go in my body and stay out of my mind!

Saturday planned: Race Day!
Saturday actual: Race cancelled at 3:53am due to massive rain and potential for lightning and thunder.
From today, I learned: This one definitely stings. This is the ultimate first world problem right?  The moment this happened my friends reached out to pick me up.  I feel like I can't get richer than having beautiful friendships so I'm over here county my blessings while also feeling slightly bummed.
Tomorrow the Dungeon Master and I are cheering for the marathon, and I have my signs ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment