24.10.19

Off Season Goals - an update

I am still running at least a mile every day.  But I am NOT training for anything.  It's been a pleasure.
I do have a few 'off season' goals.

Do a back bridge: This was hard at first. Like super hard and stuff.  But, I've made progress faster than I expected.  With a proper warm up, I can hit a back bridge with good form.  Now I'm working on holding it longer or doing more reps or both.

Handstand:  This is the skill I probably "kept" the most.  One day with Dungeon Master, I was all "hold my beer, I'm gonna try this" and I busted one out directly.  I've been doing all my handstands against a wall.  I haven't tried one "out in the open".  Today I learned that I cannot do a handstand after doing clean and press workout.  Oops.  I was a little worried I had a concussion but I think I'm good.

Toes to bar:  I could barely do toes to bar when I was a gymnast so this may take a while. I also cannot swing on the bar after clean and press. 

French braiding my hair: In a surprise update, I have legit left the house with my hair in a french braid more than once. I was inspired by this super long video to really learn how to french braid my hair.  I still get bubbles, but I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment