15.10.19

Cincinnati - October 2019

Thursday:
Run: I got up at the crack of dawn and ran around my neighborhood.  In the rain.
Travel: Originally I'd planned to take the bus to the train.  But it was raining and I wasn't down for all that so I took a Lyft and had a lovely chat with my driver, Dawn. Then, at the airport I ran into a friend I know from here who also grew up in Cincinnati.  We've never had that happen before.
Food: Obviously first thing in Cincinnati we hit up Skyline.
Family: We saw Grandma today and worked a crossword puzzle with her.  She seemed okay.
Activities: Blink Cincinnati night 1.  I went with Mom, Dad, and several others including my "downstairs mom and dad".   I didn't have a great time.  There were way too many people, and it was open to traffic.  So it was a mess of people and honking cars.  I felt like every time I stopped to look at something I was in the way.  It was super uncomfortable.

Friday
Run: I had a back and forth in the cul de sac by Mom and Dad's.
Food: Mom and I had lunch at a Food Truck.  For supper we got pizza from the place by Mom and Dad with the roasted olives.  Need I say more?
Family: We had supper with some of my favorite people in Kentucky.  Mom and I also saw Grandma for a minute.  She was laying down talking to the baby, so we talked about lullabies. And then we sang Puff the Magic Dragon and Grandma went down for her nap with the baby.
Activities: There were multiple screw ups today.  All of which I own.  First activity was hitting up the Zoo with an old friend and her boys.  And I screwed up when we were supposed to meet so Mom and I were late.  Then for supper, we went to the wrong house.  I felt so bad.  Mom and I tried to french braid each other's hair too.  That was unsuccessful but at least nobody waited or got hungry because of me.

Saturday
Run: There's going to be a lot of back and forths in the cul de sac on this post.
Food: We had lunch with a family friend who'd just moved and supper in Dayton with family I wish I got to see more than I do.
Family: I went to Zumba with my cousin's wife.  It was a fun class, a lot different from my normal routine.  Then we saw a family friend who'd moved and it was good to see her doing so well, and then we saw family in Dayton and I got to hang out with a preschooler which made my day.
Activities: Well, the fun really started when my new neighbor (who does not know me that well) called to see if I was okay because she could hear alarms from my place.  I don't know how much I've said about the smoke detectors after I moved, but that noise now gives me panic attacks.  So, Captain Smiley came over and uninstalled one that appeared to be malfunctioning, and got them all to be quiet. And I just continued on with the panic attacks for a while.  It was not awesome.

Sunday
Run: Dad has started a run/walk 1 mile program on the days he doesn't golf or tennis. So I asked if he would do his mile in the cul de sac while I did mine.  At the end of this run, my streak had gone on for seven complete years.
Food: I celebrated seven years running with seven slices of goetta. We had Taste of Belgium for supper and I gave Josslyn her first Brussels Sprouts.
Family: We saw Grandma for a while but she wasn't feeling so well.  I got a bonus day with my cousin/wife/baby.  I always have a nice time hanging out with all of them.  I'm happy I'm getting to know my wife's cousin too.
Activities: We did Blink day 2 and this was my favorite night of Blink.  It was way less crowded than the first night.  I like the park and OTR better because more of the streets are closed.  It feels more like a block party and it's fun to just hang out.

Monday
Run: One mile in the cul de sac to start year 8.
Food: I had all of the goetta. Not even going to lie.
Family: Mom, Dad, and I hung out and then Mom took me to the airport.
Travel: It was a pretty smooth flight home.
Activities: Olive picked me up at the airport, taught me about ladders (no joke) and helped me replace all of the smoke detectors (not including the one I replaced in July) and then test them all including the one I replaced in July.  I only had one phone call with her after she left. I'm calling that a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment