30.12.19

Get in Gear 10K - 19 Weeks to Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles Long run
Sunday actual: 6 miles long run in the morning, 2+ miles bonus walk with Dungeon Master in the afternoon.
From today, I learned: Today was literally outrunning a headache.  But I also ran 'harder' than I'd normally do a long run, but not 'race hard' so that was a lot of fun.

Monday planned: Quality run
Monday actual: 4.28 miles easy, outside in the sunshine and snow crust. 
From today, I learned: Coach told me not to do my hard run today, since I'd just done long run yesterday and that was good advice.  It synced with the weather this week, so I got outside today and will head inside on Wednesday when it's cooler.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: 1.18 miles outside in the morning.  Tuesday weights and bonus abs in the afternoon.
From today, I learned: Mentally, running in the morning and weights in the afternoon is so much better than "save the whole workout for later"

Wednesday planned: 4 miles, easy
Wednesday actual: Quality workout on the treadmill.
From today, I learned: This was fun but I was properly intimidated by the workout ahead of time.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.18 miles, no weights. 
From today, I learned: Life and scheduling is taking priorities.

Friday planned: 3 miles, easy
Friday actual: 1.18 miles in the morning
From today, I learned: Skipped the easy 3 in favor of watching the new Star Wars.

Saturday planned: 5 miles long run
Saturday actual: 6.07 miles along Rush Creek. 
From today, I learned: Strava says I haven't been here since July, and before that not since March.  This does feel like a "winter place" for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment