6.8.19

Quality Miles Monday: A Positive Attitude Makes the Workout

Plan: Warm up; 6x 3:00 at 9:50/mile, 2:00 easy, Cool Down
Actual Mileage: 3 miles on the treadmill plus walking warm up and cool down
Route: I did this on a treadmill so I could know I was hitting the paces properly
Weather: That would be the other reason I did this one on the treadmill
Execution:What really happened (paces from the watch are obviously wrong here)
Warm up: Walked 0.75 miles on the treadmill, jacking the speed from 3.0mph to 3.6mph or so, over roughly 15 minutes. Also, I finished an audio book and switched to "speed music".
Work out:
5:00 of building up
3:00 at 6.2mph, 2:00 at 4.2mph X6 sets.  Set 1 was the hardest, after that I got my head around the situation.  It felt both harder/faster paced, and also more 'relaxed/shoulder down the back' than I expected.
Then, cooling down for 0.75 miles, also walking

From today, I learned: I approached this like "I wonder how this pace will feel?" and "how many sets/minutes can I do?"  Which was a much better attitude than "OMG, I will fly off the back of the treadmill and break all my teeth" (obviously also a thought I had).  So, I'm trying to bring a good attitude to these harder workouts.
Bonus: I did a 'leg day' workout afterwards and did not pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment