23.4.17

Flying Pig: 3 Weeks To Go

Last big long run is this week, and then it will be time to taper! 

Sunday
Planned:Second longest run, lift weights
Actual: 7 miles run, avg HR 142 not including w/u and c/d. 30 minutes kettlebells at the gym.  There's no class today because Easter so I did what I'm now calling my solo kettlebell workout.  It's high windmills, lunges with KB in each hand (suitcase lunges?), swings, high pulls, and triple crush.  Then whatever minutes there are 'till 30 I use for abs.  Today it was some planking and oblique situps for a couple minutes.

Monday
Planned: Long run
Actual: 14.36 miles.  This is planned as the longest run of this cycle.  This is also hill day for the week.  The hay is in the barn. And welcome back bacon! Bonus evening walk with My Pooky Bear and Qat Lady.

Tuesday
Planned: Speed work, Lift weights
Actual: 1.4 miles on the treadmill, 40 mins elliptical.  30 mins lifting weights.  I was shredded from yesterday, but this turned into a solid workout anyways.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run.  Maybe Zumba?
Actual: 1.21 miles run outside, in the morning, before the rain.  Friends over for dinner so no Zumba.

Thursday
Planned: Tempo run (148-160bpm), Lift weights
Actual: 1.25 miles on the treadmill, lift weights.  It was too windy and I was too grumpy to run outside.  I wasn't feeling the treadmill or the elliptical either, so I gave it up.  I did lift weights.

Friday:
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 4.3 miles run around Lake Nokomis. Bonus walk with a friend to see the owls.

Saturday
Planned: Speed work , maybe Zumba?
Actual: 5.16 miles easy (apparently I'm totally over speed work).  No Zumba because I slept in and wanted to run along the creek, not the Greenway.


No comments:

Post a Comment