27.10.06

It's a great day for RSS feeds

It's a great day for playing on the internet. Here's what I've found so far.

1. The funnies sentence I read today is in the second to last paragraph of this story. Seriously, don't even read the whole thing if you don't want to, it's basically a one-liner anyway.

2. More tips on configuring Firefox

3. Tony Blair is seeking to ban Habits traditionally worn by monks and nuns. I wanted to remember to show this to a few people I know.

4. A great story the teens at the Science Museum will love, the 10 dirties jobs in science.

5. Firefox: The Honda Civic of web browsers. That's pretty much how I was feeling about Firefox 2.0 yesterday when it freaked out on me.

6. A nice comparison of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates' presentation styles. Sometimes I want to show this to my professors and classmates who have the most overblown power point presentations ever in life, and add to their own complication by having the slides and bullet points zoom in and fly out every direction known to man.

7. A great interview with Steve Jobs from 1996. In the interview, Jobs discusses Pixar and what will be the next big thing on the internet. He also gets in a nice dig at Microsoft and the way they have killed the desktop industry by owning everything and refusing to innovate. I don't think he meant to be right about that one ten years later, but it's still true.

8. And, for the social worker in me, an article about using the internet to help treat depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment