2.10.06

The Joys of Writing

I ran this morning, as always. I bought a knee brace yesterday because my leg has been weird ever since I fell down while I was running. It didn't totally make the pain go away but it did help. Sadly I got it too sweaty to use for the rest of the day.

I ran a support group that went very well for my first time. The struggle I have in that group, and that I think I will continue to have for a long time is owning my role in the group as a leader. This is a group of people who are much older than me and my brain tells me I can't and shouldn't tell them what to do. It's just how I show respect. However, my education and my experience (what little there is) and my role means that I do have some power in the situation. The thing is, the group needs me to own that power a little more than I did. The group needs a leader to set boundaries (or something like that) and not leave them hanging in the wind. Is this making any sense. Write me if you have any experience with this sort of thing.

Also, Cesar called. Twice. After he promised he wouldn't. To his credit, he did not leave me a message this time. It's a pain and sort of heart breaking, but it's also helpful to feel that I don't need to go back and tie loose ends up. I'm done and that's ok. (Thank you, Kelly.)

Also for Kelly, I found this quote and it made me think of you for some reason. (You know, someone is going to read all of the things that make me think of you and get the wrong impression about you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment