26.10.06

I've changed my mind

I'd like to recant my statement that I love Firefox (see number 8) because it royally screwed everything up for a while. Side note if I try to spell "Firefox" with a lowercase f, the spell check comes on and corrects me. Hee hee. It knows its name.

What really happened is I have an extension called Wizz RSS that decided to reinstall itself for reasons passing all human understanding. Then the Google tool bar, McAfee Site Advisor and All-in-one Sidebar reinstalled themselves. I have no idea why. My heart nearly stopped when I couldn't get the about:config screen to show itself.

What really made me sad/frustrated/totally bummed is that when Wizz RSS reinstalled itself, it lost all of the URLs for the feeds I read regularly. Sadly, I can't remember the sites for some of the more random and obscure things I read so I will just be missing those pages.

On the plus side, now that Firefox 2.0 is a stable release the overwhelming majority of my extensions work again including Tabbed browser preferences which is the best extension ever in life, and Mile Wide Back which makes dragging my mouse to the edge of the screen and clicking the same as click the "back" navigation button. I'm glad they're back.

No comments:

Post a Comment