25.10.06

Anyone know why blogger hasn't worked all night long

No, I didn't blog yesterday. I wasn't slacking, just really busy. This morning I didn't get up and walk. That was slacking.

I found tons of things I think everyone should see since I didn't even turn my computer on yesterday.

1. The New Jersey Supreme Court has created an opening to allow gay marriage. Law makers have 180 days to re-write the law to allow either civil unions or marriage. Someone once asked me why I would get married when there were so many people who aren't to form a legally recognized union. It did make me stop and think about if I got married, would I get a marriage license from the state.

2. I'm hoping Kelly can explain this reference. I've got nothing.

3. Hee hee.

4. Keeping an eye on the machines that count Minnesota's votes is an editorial written by the League of Women Voters of Minnesota (which is a nonpartisan group before anyone even gets mad). It's a really interesting look at the perception of computerized voting and how we safeguard against fraud on computerized voting machines.

5. A 3-year-old got stuck in a vending machine trying to get a new sponge bob toy". Check out the picture. I want that to be my new desktop.

6. A little story about websites that are blocked by the Pentagon and the information our troops have access to while serving in foreign countries.

7. A great Wiki on how to exercise at your computer.

8. Firefox 2.0 tweaks. Yes, I love Firefox.

9. It's called Dumbthings.com. Do you need more information than that?

10. I'm putting this on here because I want your opinion: Is this a current science story I could discuss with sophomores, juniors and seniors?

11. This is a story I can talk about with high schoolers. It's really cool. Check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:30 AM

    Blogger was "performing maintenance" yesterday afternoon. I couldn't post either. Actually, I'm still having troubles today, but that's not system-wide, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    And, the grape juice reference is a really poor one, clearly someone misunderstanding / being stupid. But lots of churches use grape juice (instead of wine) for communion, which is a celebration of the Lord's Supper that Jesus originally started back in the day. For the story, go to eBible.com

    ReplyDelete