10.2.19

Marshmallow Training - 13 Weeks To Go

Sunday Planned: Long run, 11 miles
Sunday actual:  11.04 miles in the fog with lousy footing.  Bonus Monday abs on Sunday night.  I thought I'd have time to foam roll too, but somehow only got the abs in.
From today, I learned: Oddly, in St Paul, south of the Ford Bridge the footing was excellent but it was totally lousy going north.

Monday Planned: Tempo run, Monday Abs, Monday Weights
Monday actual: Tempo run completed as written except I did a significantly longer warm up and cool down than originally prescribed.  Monday weights done.
From today, I learned: Break down the hard parts into smaller pieces, and then break that into sections too.  "I don't have to do 20 minutes on the treadmill, I just need to count 200 strides and see where I am"

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 miles
Tuesday actual: 1.08 miles in ice cleats. Super slow.
From today, I learned: I did not fall down, so the super slow thing turned out to be okay probably.

Wednesday Planned: 6 Miles, easy, Weights
Wednesday actual:
Run: 6 miles, easy, on the track at Midtown after work.
Weights: Done, but I can feel how I have not lifted for a little while. 
From today, I learned: I was surprised I had the energy to get through this workout after a full day at work.  I was pleasantly surprised by my heart rate during the run as well.

Thursday Planned: Run 1 miles
Thursday actual: 1.08 miles, slowly, in the snow
From today, I learned: Well, this run was done shortly before I found my car had been busted into, and from that experience I learned my neighbors are beautiful.

Friday Planned: 5 Miles easy, Weights
Friday actual:
5.0 miles on the track
Friday weights done except I did overhead press instead of bench press because logistics
From today, I learned: Felt good to just run in circles for a little while.

Saturday Planned: VDay 5K Race (Pray it's not too cold out)
Saturday actual: It's too cold out.
Run on the track, 3 miles.
Walk on the track with Dungeon Master, also 3 miles.
From today, I learned: Sometimes it's too cold to want to race.

No comments:

Post a Comment