20.10.06

Blogger in Safari

I'm using my friend's Mac to write this post. The Blogger interface is really screwed up in Safari. My only options are the spell check box, the add image box, and the preview and recover post links. I can't do the edit html/compose tabs and the text options like bold, colors and the palate.

I ran this morning, almost four miles. My leg actually loosened up for part of the run. That felt nice.

The rest of the day I spent at the museum. I taught a class on how to write the essay for the ACT. I love writing. I need to remember that's not true for everyone.

Ok, so I'm back in Firefox to finish this blog. I found a bunch of stuff on the web today.

First, here's a story from Kare11 in Minneapolis. The story's not interesting but I've got a prize for anyone who can find the typo. Fliers about Lawyer Filled With Damaging Lies.

Second, Project 365 is an idea from Photojojo that encourages people to take a picture every day in order to document a year of their lives. It sounds like a blast. If I had a digital camera I'd totally do this.

Third, Overheard in the Office is a fantastic blog of all the stupid things your co-workers say. Here's the reason people don't like to work with silly people, and here's the reason we shouldn't hire silly people in the first place.

Fourth, Scrybe is a web 2.0 app that looks like it would be cool if I had the time to figure it out. If it doesn't sync with Palm in a quick way (it might, I haven't read the whole article or the specs), it's of no use to me.

Fifth, I have no idea how I found a website called PoopReport.com. I don't ask questions like that.

Sixth, did you know the Boy Scouts of America (yes, everyone's favorite group) are giving a merit badge to scouts who don't download pirated music. All in all this sounds like a good idea. A couple of things I'd like to say to the BSA (besides the fact that I believe the BSA is a prejudiced group that teaches kids it's ok to exclude people) I think this is a good idea. I know a couple Eagle Scouts that wouldn't have earned that badge. In the future though, it's much easier to increase a behavior (such a legal downloads) than to decrease a behavior (such as pirated downlaods). For those of you wondering what I learn while earning an MSW, increase behavior: easy, decrease behavior: difficult. There you are.

Finally, I'm enjoying putting YouTube stuff on my blog. You should tell me if you don't like it or if it makes the blog take too long to load. Here's a clip of Bill Nye talking about Pluto. I love the part where he talks about it being good if kids have to learn more, and it's good if teachers have to learn more. I love how passionate he is about these things.


1 comment:

  1. Scrybe. Yeah, I'd like to know if it syncs with Palm too.

    ReplyDelete