24.10.20

COVID Diaries - This weather is bullshit!

 Apparently I don't even care about censors.

Wednesday 10/21

I woke up to find out the snow removal people legit just didn't come. So, that was a whole thing.  I cleared my snow and texted my neighbor that the salt I use is pet safe.  (Neighbor has a dog, which is different from last year.)  Eventually neighbor texted me back that her shovel from last year was a disaster and she was getting a new one soon. I shoveled her side of our back yard too, before I had to leave for work.

I did work outside the home for a minute, which was lovely. And involved another COVID test. For reals, the one in the office hurt significantly less than in the car.  I think the angle of approach matters. 

I also ran in the suburbs.  One of my offices is on a hospital campus which is generally well plowed.  Hospital campus also has a walking trail (which is partially under construction but still suitable for an out and back) so I ran out there versus in my neighborhood where there were varying levels of shoveling compliance.

Thursday 10/22

I ran my mile pretty early in the morning because it was supposed to snow again.  I was about a block from home when the snow thunder/lightning started, so I'll call my timing okay but not ideal.

In the evening Dungeon Master and I did online Tai Chi together. That is quickly becoming my most favorite workout of all.

Friday 10/23

Work was surprisingly wild.  I wound up with 8 points on a day where I needed like 0-1.  It's fine.  I'm happy for my job, and at this moment, happy to be able to help out my colleagues.  Fridays it's me and one other social worker, whom I really enjoy working with.  We do a phone call or two, check in on the computer, keep going, etc.  It's usually a nice day.  Today was a bit wild for us both, but ultimately fine.

In the afternoon I went out and ran/walked 3 miles.  (But I did run over a mile.  This change is emotional.  Let me have my space.) 

In the evening, Dungeon Master and I had another Tai Chi date. We had a bonus participant at the last minute.  I'm not sure I have a blog name for this dude, so we'll see what he wants to be called. Eagle Scout maybe? You know when friends from high school meet your adult friends?  That's what that night was for me.  Both Dungeon Master and Eagle Scout are the kind of friends who know where the bodies are buried, and probably helped put them there.  So to speak. 

Saturday 10/24

First off, whatever the hell I did to myself after Tai Chi was not good.  So I woke up around 1am ready to puke.  Which eventually happened.  Since I was so wide awake, I thought I'd cut my hair (which I'd been thinking about for a minute) and that mostly worked out, except the back of my head is a bit uneven.  (Sigh.)

In real life, Dungeon Master and I walked around Palmer Lake, ahead of tomorrow's proposed snow storm (which may or may not reach the Twin Cities, we are not taking chances). After the walk; I ran/walked and did my mile for running.  I also got my steps in for whatever step challenge I'm in right now.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment