9.2.20

Saturday on the Marsh: the long run I almost never started

Plan: Coach had 6 easy miles on the calendar
Actual Mileage:  6.02 miles
Route: I ran around my marsh.  Running to the marsh, plus seven loops (yes, seven) and then running home, is the right mileage.
Weather: It was 15-20*, roughly.  Winds were out of the south, 10mph. I ran at sunset/moon rise.  Because that's what kind of day I was having.
Wardrobe: Feet: The Replacements.  I was doing an easy run yesterday and I literally felt The Workhouse just give out on the run.  I was all this is the moment I broke those shoes.  So, today The Workhorse is changed to 'shoes I can wear at work with black pants' and they are out of the running lineup.
Bottom: Wool compression socks with a second layer of socks, Nike Running capri tights, sweatpants
Top: Red heavy duty running shirt, blue jacket, wool hat, sometimes a buff, and sometimes gloves.
Execution: It took me all day to start this run but I had a blast.
High Points of the workout: When I got back, I was actually most excited about the cadence I had during the run.  (More green than orange is a good thing.)
Struggles of the workout: It just took me all day to get started, right?
From the high points, I learned: I guess my form is coming along? (Maybe I should trust that more.  My form is coming along!)
From the struggles, I learned: Getting started is almost always the hardest part.
Next steps: There's just been some other stuff going on with my health and body that I haven't talked about.  That needs to get squared away so I feel better.  But running is coming along nicely.
Bonus: Apparently it's a super moon and I got to watch it rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment