6.2.20

Quality Miles Wednesday: Hitting a workout outside!

Plan: Warm Up, 5 mins hard, 2 mins easy, 4 mins hard, 2 mins easy, etc.  Cool down
Actual Mileage: 3.97 miles
Route: I tried Rush Creek trail but it was a hot mess (so different from last year) so I ran on the trail next to the river and then finished up along the dam.  I don't know why I thought this workout would be easier on the road than it is on a treadmill. 
Weather: 30* and some wind.  The biggest news is I got to wear my sunglasses!
Wardrobe: I am in love with this outfit!
Top: Running t-shirt, InkNBurn top, buff on my head
Bottom: Nike running shorts under the pink pants, wool compression socks, Altras
Execution:
Warm up: Roughly 1.3 miles and I did not fall on any ice, so that was good.
5:00 at 10:17/mile pace, 2 mins easy
4:00 at 10:01/mile pace, 2 mins easy
3:00 at 9:49/mile pace, 2 mins easy
2:00 at 9:52/mile pace, 2 mins easy Messed up my descending splits!
1:00 at 8:59/mile pace.  Wowsers!
Cool down
High Points of the workout: I mean, that last split right?
Struggles of the workout:The real 'struggle' today is knowing how to pace myself.  Which I'm not that great out outside.  It's why I do all my workouts like this on a treadmill.
From today I learned: What worked best for pacing was running 'from my hips' if that makes any sense.  Keeping my form tight, small steps, high cadence.
Next steps: I can't believe I did this workout outside at these temperatures.
Bonus: Also picked this route so I could take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment