1.2.20

Saturday Long Run

Plan: 2 miles easy, 2 miles at 'race pace', 2 miles easy
Actual Mileage: 6.28 miles
Route: 2 laps around Palmer Lake, counter clockwise.
Weather: We had this thing called sunshine.  It's been a while.. It was about 27*, not much wind.
Wardrobe:
Top: Shirt and gray sweat shirt.  Plus a buff on my head.  From a race I never got to run.  Sigh.
Bottom: NB Tights (first run in them)
Feet: Compression socks and The Replacements as I think they must now be called.
High Points of the workout: I mean, the sunshine?  Also, the footing was good in that it was snow and not ice.  That was looking like a real possibility on the way over.
Struggles of the workout: I did not hit the right effort.  I'd decided that instead of 'race pace' I wanted to hit a higher than normal heart rate, in the 160s, and a higher than normal cadence (blue on the garmin graph). I got very close, but not quite strong enough. 
Today I learned: I was legit getting distracted by all the sunshine.  I'm like "no, run hard, don't stop and look" and other me is like "but it's sun.  It literally hasn't been around most of this month".
Next steps: Keep pushing harder in practice so I can push really hard on race day?
Bonus:Y'all I did my taxes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment