16.2.20

Get in Gear - 11 Weeks To Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 Miles
Sunday actual: 1.19 miles in the deep deep snow.
From today, I learned: Sometimes even yak trax are not enough.

Monday planned: 4 miles easy
Monday actual: 4.5 miles on the track.
From today, I learned: I work a pair of Merrels I haven't had on for a while.  They felt like bricks. No joke.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: 1.18 miles in the morning.  I can't believe I got weights done in the afternoon.
From today, I learned: Perseverance?

Wednesday planned: Quality workout
Wednesday actual: 4:00 hard, 2:00 easy five times (plus warm up and cool down).  Abs.  Stretching.
From today, I learned: Getting started is the hardest part.  Apparently today the cool down was the second hardest part because my brain was all 'I did the workout, let me off the treadmill'.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.18 miles.  It's cold outside.  No weights.
From today, I learned: The big black face mask freezes so I can't breath. The little buffs are actually better because they can be rotated. 

Friday planned: 4 miles easy
Friday actual: 1.19 miles outside. Nothing on my face froze. 
From today, I learned: Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor?

Saturday planned: Long run with 2 miles at race pace
Saturday actual: Long run with a hard (if not fast) finish. Nothing at race pace.
From today, I learned: I need to run to make my body feel good before I can run for pace.  Running is about self care first.

No comments:

Post a Comment