2.2.20

Get in Gear - 13 Weeks to Go

Sunday planned: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: Actually made it just over 3 miles
From today, I learned: Starting to feel a bit better.  When I was out today this lady said "it's so beautiful out, I can't stop smiling"  It made me smile too.

Monday planned: Run 5 miles easy
Monday actual: 3.03 miles, bonus abs
From today, I learned: This was actually a decent run but I had to um, go, so I cut it short.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday Weights
Tuesday actual: 1.21 miles in the morning.  I'm super proud of myself for getting up.
I'm trying something new with the weights but that's working as well.
From today, I learned: I'm feeling better and better from last week so that's a plus.

Wednesday planned: Quality workout
Wednesday actual: Quality workout accomplished!
From today, I learned: This was more fun than I though it'd be and music really helped me.

Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual: 1.19 miles in the morning.  Weights in the afternoon.  I did a new KB workout, which is actually an old workout that I tweaked slightly.
From today, I learned: Running first thing when I can is really key.  I can't tomorrow because weather. Sigh.

Friday planned: Run 3 miles easy
Friday actual: 4.41 miles.  This should've been more like 4 but there was police activity along my route, so I played it safe. Nice and easy.  I did leg exercises and abs as my warm up.  Bonus foam rolling session after the run.
From today, I learned: OMG, I should've been foam rolling two days ago.  Lifting weights properly is good but it leaves me sore! this is the foam rolling video I use most often.  I've got a couple others I like as well.

Saturday planned: Long run with race pace work
Saturday actual: Long run done, pace work wasn't perfect but it was a gorgeous run.
From today, I learned: That big bright ball in the sky is called the sun.  Minnesota literally has not seen it for a record number of days.  It's been rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment