13.1.18

VDay 5K - 5 Weeks to Go

Weekly Miles Planned: 25 Miles.  I know.  So short!
Actual: 25.19

Proprioceptive cue: Scooting.  So far, I hate this one.  End of the week update: I did better at this when I imagined not hitting my head on the ceiling and pulling myself along on a tug of war rope than how the book originally described it. I only really liked it one day this week.

Core conditioning exercises: One Round: Lying hip abduction x12 on each side; Cook Hip Lift, hold 5 secs x5 each leg; Knee fall out x12 each leg; Overhead draw in, hold 5 secs x5
Drills: Running No Arms; High Knees; One Leg Hops

Sunday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout
Actual: 5.23 miles on the Greenway. Slow as hell 'scooting around' but it's done. Sunday Kettlebell workout is: 5x5 of Step ups, 2x8kg bells; One legged single arm press 8kg, 10kg, 10kg,  10kg, 8kg; Single leg deadlift 12kg; Single arm high pulls 12kg, 16kg, 16kg, 16kg, 12kg

Monday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 4 miles with Running Neighbor.  Drills: that 'one leg hop' business is harder than it sounds.  I did 20 secs/leg instead of 30.  Core conditioning.

Tuesday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 5.61 miles in the afternoon in the sunshine.  Tuesday weight lifting (heavy squats, barbell rows, bench press).

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile Run, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual:  It's 37* and no wind now.  Winter is Coming and I will go outside while I can.  So, 4.45 miles at Lake Nokomis.   Drills outside after the run.  I'm saving core conditioning for tomorrow and it may get permanently moved to a weights day.  Because logistics.

Thursday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 1.21 miles in the snow.  Core conditioning exercises I skipped yesterday.

Friday Planned: 1 Mile Run, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 1.5 miles on the track.  Inside. Because weather.  Drills. Core conditioning exercises.  Lift weights that I skipped yesterday.

Saturday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Maybe Zumba?
Actual: 3.03 miles outside.  No Zumba.   It was really cold for this run, but I just couldn't deal with the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment