6.1.18

The Plan: VDay 5K

VDay 5K is coming up in about 5 Weeks.  This is a relatively short training cycle.  Unlike Marathon Training I'm not worried about covering the distance, so I'm focusing on form and making my body and mind as strong as possible.

Nutrition training plan: Stay on Whole30 until the race.  Bonus nutrition plan: Stay on Whole30 the whole day of the race.  Usually the moment I'm done racing, I'm all "pass me a beer" which is probably not the lifestyle choice Whole30 is trying to teach.  So we'll see how long after that race I can maintain my nutrition.

Form and strength:
I finished reading Brain Training For Runners.  Since I'm doing the MAF thing for now, I'm holding off on running by pace still.  I am adopting some of the other ideas from the book.

Proprioceptive Cues:
Week 1: Scooting
Week 2: Pulling the road
Week 3: Pounding the road
Week 4: Driving the thigh
Week 5: Butt Squeeze

Core conditioning exercises:
Week 1: One Round: Lying hip abduction x12 on each side; Cook Hip Lift, hold 5 secs x5 each leg; Knee fall out x12 each leg; Overhead draw in, hold 5 secs x5
Week 2: Two Rounds: Lying hip abduction x12 on each side; Cook Hip Lift, hold 5 secs x5 each leg; Knee fall out x12 each leg; Overhead draw in, hold 5 secs x5
Week 3: Three Rounds: Lying hip abduction x12 on each side; Cook Hip Lift, hold 5 secs x5 each leg; Knee fall out x12 each leg; Overhead draw in, hold 5 secs x5
Week 4: One Round: Single Leg Squat x10 each leg; Side plank x20 secs each side; Lying Draw-in with hip flexion x10 each side; Bird dog, hold 10 secs, x5 each side.  Two Rounds: Lying hip abduction x12 on each side; Cook Hip Lift, hold 5 secs x5 each leg; Knee fall out x12 each leg; Overhead draw in, hold 5 secs x5
Week 5: Two Rounds: Single Leg Squat x10 each leg; Side plank x20 secs each side; Lying Draw-in with hip flexion x10 each side; Bird dog, hold 10 secs, x5 each side. One Round: Lying hip abduction x12 on each side; Cook Hip Lift, hold 5 secs x5 each leg; Knee fall out x12 each leg; Overhead draw in, hold 5 secs x5

Drills:
Week 1: Running No Arms; High Knees; One Leg Hops
Week 2: High Knees; One Leg Hops; Bounding
Week 3: One Leg Hops; Bounding; Stiff Legged Running
Week 4: Bounding; Stiff Leg Running; Running No Arms
Week 5: Running No Arms; High Knees; One Leg Hops




No comments:

Post a Comment