28.1.18

VDay 5K - 3 Weeks To Go

Weekly Miles Planned: 24-27
Actual: 25+

Proprioceptive cue: Pounding the road
Core conditioning exercises: Three Rounds: Lying hip abduction x12 on each side; Cook Hip Lift, hold 5 secs x5 each leg; Knee fall out x12 each leg; Overhead draw in, hold 5 secs x5
Drills: One Leg Hops; Bounding; Stiff Legged Running  I'm pretty sure one legged hops are from the devil.

Sunday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout
Actual: 6.1 miles.  Sunday Kettlebell workout, drills that I'm almost positive won't happen tomorrow.  Because snow.

Monday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 1.19 miles before the blizzard.

Tuesday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 1.25 miles on the treadmill.  3.75 'miles' on the elliptical.  Lift weights.  I moved up to 2x25lb plates for squats and 2x10lb plates for bench press.  That may not sound like much but there was a time I was scared to press the big bar.

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile Run, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 4.55 miles outside.  Drills.  Core conditioning exercises.  Mileage is swapped with Blizzard Monday.

Thursday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 1.18 miles, drills, core conditioning, yoga before bed.  I am captain grumpy pants today. and absolutely didn't want to get out of bed this morning.  Add my work schedule in and this is what happened.  It's supposed to 40* tomorrow so I'm hopeful to get a nice run in then instead and also be able to lift weights.

Friday Planned: 1 Mile Run, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: Run 6 miles outside in the best weather ever! Lift the weights I owed myself from yesterday.  (Drills and core conditioning happened yesterday so all is well.)

Saturday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Maybe Zumba?
Actual: 1.55 miles.  I felt like garbage most of the day thanks to a raging sinus headache. The run actually made me feel better.  But it was super icy outside.  This was one of those 'run up and down the street until it gets to a mile' kind of runs.  By 1 mile, I was feeling better so I kept on a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment