1.1.18

2018 Goals

Eating:
Whole30 in January 2 - Feb 10.  5K Race Feb 10.
Whole30 - Maybe another one before Smiley's wedding in April?  (I've decided his blog name is Smiley.  Wonder if I've named him anything else here before.)
Generally Whole30 the 30-45 days before a race.

Running:
Keep up the streak.
Keep weight lifting, because that's been very helpful.
Maybe look at the running schedule so one Zumba class/week starts happening more?

Races: 
5K in February.
Loony Challenge in October
I'd love to head back for the Feet in the Street 5K again.
I'm not registered for anything else right now, and honestly not sure what the rest of the year holds for me in terms of racing and travel.
I want to break 30:00 in a 5K.  If I'm being honest, that's on my mind.  I was close in October but have some work to do.
I also want to keep doing the MAF thing.  Not sure that's compatible with a 30:00 5K. 

Blogging:
Maybe do the meal/day posts for Whole30 again?  They do make for a lot to sift through later on.
Definitely keep doing the race training posts.  I remember those but it feels like forever since I've done one.

General life stuff:
My "A Goal" is to read at least 12 books in 2018.  I was really sporadic in my reading this year and I want to keep better track.  My 'big scary goal' is like 50 books.  Because I read a Facebook post of a guy who listens to books while running and read basically a book a week running.
In January, try meditating every day.  No time goal on the practice, just so that it happens every day.
Volunteer at a race.  I want to thank Kooky Runner for inspiring me here. I run a ton. Supporting others can be great too!
Updated the evening of Jan 1: I seriously want to add 'learn how to french braid my hair' to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment