21.1.18

VDay 5K - 4 Weeks to Go

Weekly Miles Planned: 27
Actual: Almost 25.  I need to reconsider my mileage totals.  It's much harder without a long run each week to know what volume is right.

Proprioceptive cue: Pulling the road, explained here.
Core conditioning exercises: Two Rounds: Lying hip abduction x12 on each side; Cook Hip Lift, hold 5 secs x5 each leg; Knee fall out x12 each leg; Overhead draw in, hold 5 secs x5
Drills: High Knees; One Leg Hops; Bounding

Sunday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout
Actual: 5 miles on the track.  In my huaraches. It was nice to be in sandals and pretend I live in an environment where that could ever be possible outside.  Kettlebell workout complete.

Monday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 1.18 Miles outside.  Core conditioning exercises done.  I didn't feel like doing anything, and am hopeful for better weather later in the week, so I'm okay with this.

Tuesday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 3.25 miles on the treadmill.  I tried to go short because we're having good weather later in the week and I want to get some miles outside.  Lift weights.

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile Run, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 4.35 miles at Lake Nokomis in the somewhat warm.  Drills, core conditioning.  Yoga too.

Thursday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 4.5 miles.  The drills I owed myself from Monday. Lift weights. Stretch.

Friday Planned: 1 Mile Run, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 1.18 miles, mildly icy.


Saturday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Maybe Zumba?
Actual: 5.25 miles.  Core conditioning and drills that I owed myself from yesterday.  Those need to come off my easy days.  Yoga before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment