In other news, I caught up on some reading today, recovering from the long drive and staying out of the snow. What'd I see?
- The next book I read? Maybe. Depends on if I can find audio versions.
- Troubling news for many Minnesotans. (Minnesota has one of the biggest Hmong communities in the US.)
- Amanda, this is for you while your foot gets better. Just in case you do ever take a physics class.
- Speaking of running this website has great potential but is totally unhelpful for cold weather running. How does it not tell me to wear long johns at -5*? Maybe it'll be more helpful at deciding which temperature to switch from shorts to pants.
- From the grammar police, 10 mistakes I am too perfect to make. My favorite is the cartoon illustration of how to choose "affect" and "effect". From now on I need a verb I will choose "eat".
- I had a moment of thinking I was in the top 50% of earners before realizing a social worker will never go in that bracket.
- Speaking of student loans, how expensive is college? and won't driving a Ferrari get you just as far in life?
- While at home Mark, Irmghard, myself and several others had a discussion about food, why subsidizing corn is about the dumbest thing in the world (sorry, small soapbox), and my favorite comment: "If we don't know the cow, we don't drink the milk". Now, Mark is a chef and works in a food bank that works with several co-ops in the area so has can actually go meet his cows and get raw milk from them. (Ha, laughing at the visual of Mark milking a cow). For those of us who can't go meet a cow and take it on a date, there's help.