17.3.09

Liz, it's 11:40pm. How come you're writing and not, you know, asleep?

Well, it's been quite a day. There's no better way to start the day than how I did it. I woke up and ran (yeah me) and then did something really fun at work. And it all went down hill from there. Let's just say I ran into more than one person with a personality disorder today. (For more information about personality disorders, check out the links here and here.)

At the end of the day I went over to Bolder Options to raise money for them. My fundraising goal is $4,000. In exchange for that, they will teach me to run a marathon. Plus they will be able to continue to mentor many teens in Minneapolis and St. Paul.

At this time I'd like to thank the following people for allowing me to call them and ask for support (even though most of you don't read this blog)

Amanda
Kelly
Mom and Dad
Mike and Linda
Aunt Barb and Uncle Tom
Uncle Dave
Erin and Matt
Mark and Irmghard
Aunt Terri
Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe
Marge
Alyssa
Chris
Bonnie
Liz
Sarah (dude, answer your phone)
Sona
Jenny and Doug
Aunt Elaine
Jenny's Parents (Monica and .... it's not that bad, I always call them Mom and Dad)

I feel like there are more people who should be included on this list. But I can't get to my paper list right now to check. Why not? Because my apartment is somewhat packed up so my unit can get sprayed as a protection against bed bugs yet again. (Remember the first time my unit got sprayed?. What about the second time?. Yeah, I remember them both too.)

Only tomorrow, in addition to my unit getting sprayed, the unit above mine is getting heat treated. The temperature in that unit will be raised to 140* or so and kept there for several hours. No word on what that's going to do to the stuff in my unit but I've taken the pictures off the wall and put them on the floor (what? heat rises), same with the photos and electronics. Also, I'll be taking the laptop to work tomorrow. I wish we had wireless there. It would make my joy complete.

Supposedly someone else is going to "prepare" my unit, but I took that to mean, "we'll move stuff away from the walls for you" so I still did a whole bunch to get ready for them.

Tomorrow I'm working for 12 hours. (Not my idea.) But at least I'll be out of here while they're spraying and heating and spraying and heating.

This week has actually been a little interesting because I'm having a lot of long days. Monday night I went to a Shiva (a definition for the Gentiles), tonight and Thursday night I'm volunteering at Bolder Options and tomorrow I'm working forever. Friday I think I'm only going to work a few hours. Then I'm going to help a teenager write a resume. It should be fun, she has a lot of neat stuff to put on it. Then I'm going to sleep forever. After I unpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment