13.5.09

Still running

I'm am still running. And the donations for Bolder Options are still coming in. Thanks to all who have donated or are about to make a donation. My long runs are at 10 miles. I can't believe I run this far. I really can't believe there will be a time when I do more than one run per week that long.

I'm also still having bed bug issues. Or maybe not. It's not entirely clear.

Friday morning, I woke up with several bites on my arm that could only have been from bed bugs. (B@st$rds!) It was way too early in the morning so I freaked out but I didn't have a whole lot of energy to put into it. Instead I went next door to feed my neighbors cat. I put the old cat food down the garbage disposal which promptly backed up and flooded the sink. (It's too early in the morning for this.) It took several minutes of me staring at the sink, turning the disposal on and off, staring at the sink, imagining my neighbors reaction to a sink full of old cat food and water, staring at the sink, trying the regular side of the sink, thinking of how to fix this, and staring at the sink. Finally, I decided I had to reach into the disposal (it was off, calm down) to feel what was clogging it up.

Yeah, the cat food clogged up the collar of the disposal so nothing could get down it. Once I loosened the gunk, we were all good. That just left me with several bites on my arm. I ignored them and went to my 7:30am meeting. (I told you it was early.) When I got back home I called our property manager.

Has anyone ever had their apartment inspected? For bed bugs? Repeatedly? There is no privacy. There are no secrets. Those stains on the carpet or sheets? That stuff you keep under your bed because you don't want to think about it? Underwear drawer? It's all fair game. For the number of guys messing with my bed and rifling through my underwear, I should be much happier. Well, the first inspection which took about fifteen minutes didn't find any bugs. So they called the exterminators while I went to work.

The exterminators had to peel back my carpet from the wall to find the bugs. It's not clear exactly which wall it was. And they sprayed. And I have no further information. It's been five days. Nothing. I washed my bed clothes (for the billionth time) but haven't done anything else. I'm not sure if I have to. Remember all the work I had to do the first time? For now, I'm ignoring the issue. I'm sure I'll keep you informed as updates become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment