23.8.07

exercise accountability: day one

I did get up and run this morning. I can't believe how easy it was once I got over the initial, "oh crap" of it all. My Mom kind of freaked out when I told her I hadn't exercised in a week and am running a race Sunday morning. Interestingly, I'm not freaking out. I ran 2.5 miles today. Normally I would have run further but I had to stop running due to intestinal distress. Honest, it wasn't because I was tired.

The things I forgot about running:
1. I cannot believe how hungry I was all day. I did not have enough food. I'm thinking Chipotle tomorrow. I'm also beginning to understand why I could eat Chipotle so often.
2. It's weird to come home at the end of the day and not have to exercise. Something about that makes me feel like I'm cheating.
3. It takes a while to dry my hair in the morning. Now that my hair is short there are different stresses about getting the hair ready for the day. Who else gets super hot after blow drying and then trying to straighten their hair. I don't like to get all sticky doing that. Honestly, I just took a shower to avoid that feeling.

I think Kelly might come over and help me paint tomorrow night. How excited am I? I haven't finished taping the entry way yet, but I have a shorter work day tomorrow so I might come home and do that. It's almost done! Exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:30 AM

    Alright, I'm trying to be a good friend and help with accountability. What's your progress for Monday and Tuesday? Am I proud of you, or do I need to shame you? (Really, you deserve a day or two off after the Milk Run, don'tcha think?)

    ReplyDelete