13.8.07

Sorry I couldn't think of a better title

It was a slow day at the office. I was a bit bored by the end of the day. I did go to the Y after work. Everyone knew there was absolutely no chance of me going before work. I did the eliptical and then lifted weights. Lesson learned: it is not possible to run after lifting weights. Don't worry, I only went about two steps before I figured that out. I was just cooling down anyways so I walked.

And then I went to the grocery store and that's where my troubles began. $102 later, I figured out just how much trouble. I bought a lot of stuff I don't usually buy, tupperware, mints and gum for work, floss and toothpaste (what, that's not stuff you buy every time unless 15 people are using the same tube) Pepsi, and then I got a nice piece of Salmon. I had to buy the more expensive salmon just on principal because the cheaper salmon was a) caught near Chile and b) bad for the environment. I learned that from a gift my friend Amanda got me. The salmon was good by the way.

I think maybe I'll try going to the Y in the morning one day this week. Friday looks good. Then next week maybe two days and so on. Anything's better than last week when there just wasn't any exercise.

The other thing I was doing tonight was playing on the internet as always and I found a boatload of things I'd like to share:
1. How To Lucid Dream, something I've always wanted to know.
2. How Many Faces Do You See In This Picture? This is for one of you who might get bored at work. The image is hosted at blogger so you should be good.
3. Many people asked me if I was going to get an iPhone. Besides liking the phone I've got, this is living proof that AT&T is ridiculous. 300 pages? In a box?
4. How to Pick a Lock. This is just useful.
5. How to Speak Japanese. First this was for Kao, who just went to Japan to teach English, also for Amanda as a "thank you" for Happy Feet so you can remember anything you've forgotten.
6. Top 10 Money Drains. Coffee I'm guilty of, but not that often, not even once a week anymore. Mmmmm coffee. 2-6 I don't do, or rarely. Kelly's wedding will be my first manicure. How excited am I? Weekly lunched out I am much improved. I used to eat at Chipotle every day. I went down to once a week with hardly any struggle at all. Haven't cut it out yet though. Not planning too either.
7. Corn Fritters. How good do these look?
8. The Clever Hanger Trick for closet organizing. Who can spot the problem I have with this? Yes, that's right. I can't have hangers facing every which way. It would quite simply kill me.
9. A Post about Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, truly a fantastic cave. Is it wrong that I already knew who Steven Bishop was?
10. Kelly's next crochet project.
11. Finally, read this story and then tell me how many people thought, "that totally could have been me".

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:44 PM

    OK, that crochet project was totally wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, the girl had 30,000 text messages on her bill. No wonder it was 300 pages long! Good thing the iPhone comes with unlimited texting...

    ReplyDelete