31.10.06

Michael J. Fox and Rush Limbaugh

I'm just putting this here because I want to talk about this with my team tomorrow. It's like the greatest current science story ever.

First, Michael J. Fox filmed several ads for this election season advocating stem cell support. Here is one of them.

Second, Rush Limbaugh accused Michael J. Fox of exploiting Parkinson's for political reasons.

Third, or at some point, the First Lady commented on the whole thing.

Then, Michael J. Fox finally went and talked with Katie Couric about the whole thing. This is a longer version of that story.

The thing I want to talk to my team about is: how do you decide who is telling the truth? If everyone is telling the truth, how do you decide whose behavior is acceptable and who has violated a social norm? When they turn 18, how do they decide who to vote for? Then we'll talk about science literacy and how it helps with decisions like this.

I'm putting the longer version of the Katie Couric interview down here. If you saw the one I already had posted, only the first couple of minutes are new.



Here's the link to the video on the YouTube site.

No comments:

Post a Comment