23.10.06

Back to walking

Yes, I've decided to give my leg an actual break, no matter how hard it is for me, and stop running for a while. I'm giving it at least a week so the earliest I'll run again is next Sunday. You never know, that may get moved up to Saturday...

As always, I've been playing with the RSS feeds.

In this story, Why There Almost Certainly is No God the author details why science is right and there is no God. I think there are both. I think we just haven't been able to use science to prove that God exists, and that makes some people believe there is no God. Must be lonely for them.

Is it wrong that this story about portion sizes makes me crave Olive Garden. Seriously, Kelly, Amanda, I'm talking to you.

Finally, a slightly biased yet totally hilarious look at Why Target is Better than Wal-Mart. As a girl whose family still lives south of the Wal-Mart/Target Line, this story is particularly poignant.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:26 PM

    I've been an atheist for over a decade, and no, I'm not lonely any more than any other human being is lonely (a fundamental human condition).

    I AM a human being, surrounded by other interesting human beings in my life that I consider valuable and enrich this one life that I know I have in a wonderous universe.

    But, I must add, there is no way for science to prove that any god exists, for if any god did exist, they would be outside of the realm of scientific inquiry. Science, which deals with empirical inquiry into the nature of reality, can tell us nothing, by definition, about the *supposed* supernatural.

    Science and religion ARE mutually exclusive.

    And, like most things, my reasons for not believing in a god are more diverse than one simple idea, as you'd find with most atheists.

    arlojz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Well, I can't access the religion article at work (the dreaded "Access Denied" screen came up), but, as you could guess, I have lots of opinions on this. But I'll be succinct.

    1) Science will most likely not prove that God exists. This is ok. This is why it's called "belief" and "faith."

    2) Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. I know plenty of scientists who have amazingly deep faiths.

    ReplyDelete