4.8.06

the run

Today I ran 3.8 miles or 6k. I have found a way to add another hill into the run as well. (Yippie.) I was reading last night about running hills. One of the keys is "concentrate on lifting my knees" and "push off hard with every step". Oh, ok. Why didn't I think of that before?

Seriously, I tried it this morning and it's hard. It's almost 2p and my calves still haven't forgiven me. I haven't decided if lifting my knees with every step is harder on the gradual inclines that go on forever or the one hill that's steep as hell but not as long.

I'm thinking next week while I'm camping instead of actually running, I may just run hills for practice. All I know is this 5k course has a hill larger than anything I've dealt with yet and I'd like to be prepared.

Also to note, I'm back in my normal shoes and quite happy about it. And apparently, there is a magic window of times I can hit the snooze button. Too few and I'm still good and asleep. Although, if I hit the snooze too many times (like over an hour) my body decides I'm not serious about waking up and goes back to bed. The magic window seems to be 30 to 45 mintues of snooze time. Ask me how I found that out...

No comments:

Post a Comment