27.8.06

I'm not the slowest person on the earth

This morning I ran in the 2006 Minnesota State Fair Milk Run. I'm pleased to report (even though my normal running pace is such that if I moved any slower I'd be going backwards) that I'm not the slowest person on Earth. I ran an 11:45 mile. Of 720 women, I finished 556 (right behind an old lady in her 60's). Of 93 women in my age bracket, I finished 73rd. The competitor in me wants to do way better in whatever event I run in next, like go much faster. The calmer side of me is totally excited I ran a road race, happy that I went faster than I thought I would, and grateful to Amanda for getting me back into running.

I ran with Amanda and a friend, Amy. I actually wound up running pretty much the whole race with Amy. Having other people to talk to made the up hill portions of the race not so bad.

Check out all the results of the 2006 Milk Run at Apple Raceberry Jam's site.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Congratulations! On our way back to the Twin Cities yesterday, Eric asked me if you guys did the Milk Run, and I wasn't sure. I knew you were planning on it when we left, but we didn't have cell service all weekend. I'm so proud of you guys! Wish I could have been there to cheer you on (but wouldn't give up this past weekend for anything in the world)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete