14.11.20

COVID Diaries - I guess I finally got sick of writing every day?

 I'll just do a little catch up here.  Apparently half my movements are now tracked with my credit card, btw.

Monday: I must not've gone anywhere, because I didn't buy anything other than a lid for a pot on Amazon.  Side note here, it's good I looked at my credit card because I thought I'd set up payment for this month's statement and I had not. (I'm still a week or two before due date, so all is well.) 

Tuesday: My foot still hurts, but I'm like "I may, at some point, recover from this".  Also, snow day? 

Wednesday: Foot is slowly improving.  I am running so freaking slow.  But, I have not given up the streak.  So, there's that.  Also, more snow?

Thursday: I had to actually leave my house, so I legit made the most of it. I had to go to one of my satellite office locations, which is on a hospital campus (though nowhere near the main building.)  The work I needed to do lasted a full two minutes.  And then I switched into running gear and ran my mile on campus where the plowing is absolutely legit. 

Then, I went to the main attraction of the day, which is the Asian grocery store. (I'm okay calling it that right?)  There's also a lot of African imported food and Mexican/south American food, but it's mostly targeted at South East Asian immigrants.  I got my passion fruits (always my main motivator).  I got a few new kinds of mushrooms to try.  (Yum!)  I picked out oyster sauce, fish sauce, and what I later learned was not the right kind of soy sauce but not the worst guess in the world either. 

Also, you know, I worked all of these days.  Even a little bit on Monday.

Friday: I don't know what my issue was.  

Let's start with the true COVID dream I had. "Work" was a place I actually went to and our COVID tests in dream Liz world looked suspiciously liked a breathalyzer or something in awake-land. (You blew into it to get a reading.)  Somehow I came up positive.  But y'all, I didn't leave work.  Or I did but I lived upstairs?  And then it's like "I'll go to the grocery store".  That's not allowed. So I went back downstairs to work. To help with dishes?  Or clean my dishes?  And one of the supervisors (who is a real life person I know) was like "can we at least keep the COVID+ people out of this one space?"  But, yo, I kept forgetting I had COVID. So they tested me the next day and poor Supervisor was like "this is worse than before, go away". And I went back into the room where I wasn't allowed, to help with dishes or whatever, before trying to get groceries again.  And I wasn't the only work person that kept trying to come in, and forgetting we were sick.  We were all asymptomatic.  I told real life supervisor what Dream Liz put Dream Supervisor through and she thought it was hilarious.

I had a Teams training from 8am-10am.  And it's actually a training I enjoy and a subject I love. I ended it 20 minutes early.  (That part I'm okay with.  I will force role plays in person, but I won't over teams.)  A colleague was on just watching, and gave great feedback.  I told her it felt like I had backup for the training!

Next up I had to work for a while.  I was like a freaking zombie.  I don't know what my problem was.  I liked the training.  The work calls I made were positive and I felt relatively helpful.

Around noon I told my colleague I needed to take a break and was that okay with her.  Mercifully she was like "I get it.  Go."  I ran my mile and did some clean up grocery shopping including yeast and bread flour.  How did I not know that was a thing? 

I came back feeling refreshed and started the weekend on a relatively high note.

Saturday: (That's today y'all.) I woke up for reals a little before 10am.  And had junk food.  And then napped.  Not gonna lie.  

Somehow around 2pm, I got off my ass and did all the things.  I ran my mile.  I took out the garbage.  I legit cleaned my kitchen.  I rode my exercise bike.  I made bread.  All the things.

For supper, I had much better luck with a new Naan recipe (and improved ingredients on my end).  And I had better mushroom luck than one other night this week that we don't need to talk about. 

And now my kitchen is clean again, so, there's that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment