28.11.20

Happy Turkey. Turkey.

11/26/2020: This marks the first Thanksgiving since 2001 that I was not with family for Turkey Day.  This brings my total of non-family Thanksgivings to 2.  In normal years I'd be in Indiana with Dad's side of the family having part American food and part Italian feast!  This year, I got a care package from a dear friend/awesome chef and had Mom and Dad on Facetime. The three of us realized we don't have "our" Thanksgiving tradition. So, I decided we say the Prayer for Protection. That's us. 

11/27/2020: First Friday after Thanksgiving that I've worked as a social worker.  Ever. Y'all.  I'm so happy to report it was super boring.  No one wants to talk to social work on the day after Thanksgiving.

11/28/2002: A friend texted me: "I wanted to walk, so I'm by your house" and I ran outside like "hang on, I'll grab my mask".  This friend actually had COVID and has recovered.  She was all "I knew you'd be okay walking with me".  (Meaning 'I knew you'd understand science and that I'm not contagious').  It was LOVELY.  Since we're in lockdown, I can't walk with Dungeon Master, nor Olive.  And I can't play with Pooky Bear and Baby Pooky at the playground.  Want to know my main social contacts? So, I'm so happy for the limited options.



No comments:

Post a Comment