19.11.20

COVID Diaries - Lockdown 2.0

 Today is Thursday.

Wednesday night the Governor announced a new lock down.  This one will be similar but not exactly the same as the original show.  Churches are going to remain open (which I think is kind of ridiculous but no one asked me).  Restaurants, bars, gyms, schools, youth sports, all shutting down.  Restaurants do get to keep carry out and delivery service.  All retail is staying open. 

The one that hurts the most, and is the same, is the "no social gatherings of any size, inside or outside".  Which means, if I don't live with you I can't visit you.  Y'all, I live alone.  My pandemic partner, Captain Smiley, is actually unavailable for the foreseeable future so I am legit all by my lonesome up here.

I am continuing my avocado farm.  I planted 1 yesterday and 2 more today.  I need to go to Costco soon for more. 

My foot is feeling significantly improved from the day I stepped on the horse, so I am running a bit more.  I got back up to 3 miles today. That was nice.  Plus it was the best weather ever.

I have perfected my Salmon Poke bowl.  I follow this recipe almost exactly. The siracha sauce is super important in the marinade.  Absolutely makes the dish as far as I'm concerned.  I've been practicing making the Japanese pickled veggies, so I've been using those a lot in this bowl.  

I am planning a passion fruit farm, but have not made the leap yet.

I will be alone for Thanksgiving, for those doing the math.  I'm hopeful for a Facetime or Zoom call with lots and lots of family members.  And a friend (who is an even more excellent chef than I) said she'd make me a care package.  I may also get a visit from Dungeon Master where she stays in her car and I sit on my porch with the heated blanket plugged in.

I was surprised at how exhausted and bummed I was last night.  Even though, yo, we should've been locking down two weeks ago.

Also, apparently we're going back into toilet paper hoarding mode?

No comments:

Post a Comment