28.8.18

Sunday Long Run - Mississippi River


Plan: Try to stay mostly at MAF.  In retrospect, I could've had a better plan for the later miles.  Instead I came up with that on the fly: Run hills to get the feel for what you should do in the race.

Route: I ran out along the creek, then up the river into downtown and ended at my gym.  I needed to lift weights and do abs there.  Then I took the bus home.
Weather: Started at 68* and 95% humidity.  The sun did come out at some point, so the humidity got somewhat better.
Wardrobe: Skora shoes, illuminite shorts and 2xu top.  I wore my bigger belt for the water bottles (2 zipper pockets) and it was a bit uncomfortable because of where the bottles sit on my sides (not enough room to swing my arms). 

Execution: Like my Cincinnati run, this was good 'till like mile 7, and then I got tired and my heart rate got high.  Unlike Cincinnati, this is also when the hills really started for me, and I walked less than when I was in Cincinnati so that's a win.
Nutrition: I had half a salted avocado before I left, and a few sips of water along the way.  At the end of the run (before weights/abs) I had a Larabar.

Bonus: This was my first time in a long while running to the gym and then busing home.  I picked an awesome day.  I missed the Foreign Legion Parade by a few minutes, and the bus was detoured for Open Streets, though that wound up not adding any time to the trip.  Remember for next time: I should make sure I have my own coffee thermos.  Paper cups are now inadequate to my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment